Monday, December 11, 2023

WEEK OF 12/11/2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - WEEK 2

MONDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Power City 

I did OK on the pushups and pullups, usually doing 10 or 20 on each set. The Mobata was tough. Ironically I had the most problems on the shuffles, because I can't shuffle.

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 50 minutes; Calories Burned: 337; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - MoBata 

Most of these moves aren't really tough. The only one that is, the Frog Planks (which are small burpees), I was able to get through. There are a few that I physically can't do, though, like the Squat Switches and the Ski Hops. I just modify those. I guess this workout can get your heart rate up if you really go for it, but I guess I wasn't.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 217; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Uptown

I used 15 lb dumbbells on all the moves. It went good. I tired my muscles out a bit. Next time I might repeat that upper section instead of doing the Mobata workouts. They're starting to get annoying.

Start Time: 6:55 pm; Workout Time: 34 minutes; Calories Burned: 206; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


THURSDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Moga

I'll give credit where credit is due. This is an excellent stretch routine. I own several of them, most from Tony Horton programs. I like all off them, but this one might be my favorite. I like how Scott incorporates the breathing into the stretches. Tony does discuss breathing in his routines, but today I found myself concentrating on the breathing throughout most of the routine, and I was doing it naturally, not forcing myself to do it. I like it. 

Start Time: 7:15 pm; Workout Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 103; Avg Heart Rate: 84.


FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Downtown

I had a hard time with this one last week because I couldn't do a lot of the moves. I mentioned that I was going to try and modify things to make this a valuable workout. I think I did that today. I didn't actually modify too many of them, but I did hold onto a chair on a lot of them so I could keep my balance and get in a deeper range of motion. It worked very well. I was feeling a bit frisky and tried to do the 3-12-9 hops. I can't really bounce off my feet anymore, but I threw caution to the wind and actually did them for quite awhile. On the 1-2-3 Leaps, I was able to get off the ground a bit, in all three rounds. On the final move, where you go down to your knees and then get up with your hands behind your head, I just did seat drops onto a chair. I concentrated on squeezing my core when I did them, and felt it was an effective move. Overall I was very happy with my efforts and feel I've turned this into an effective workout. Bravo to me.

Start Time: 8:05 pm; Workout Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 299; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Midtown

In all seriousness, this seems like a poorly designed workout. As mentioned before, more time is spent on the Mobata cardio section than on the midsection, which should be the crux of this workout. I'm still straining my lower back when trying to get up into some of the core moves, which isn't good.

Start Time: 6:05 pm; Workout Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 252 ; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


SUNDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2023 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 158.2 +4.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 13.4% (+1.0 %)

Both are too big of increases. I should bounce back down next week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I felt a bit better about some of the workouts, especially the Moga and Downtown routines.

No comments: