Monday, December 25, 2023

WEEK OF 12/25/2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - WEEK 4

MONDAY - DECEMBER 25, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Power City

I took a cue from one of last week's workouts and replaced the Mobata section at the end with two more rounds of Pushup and Pullup combinations. I added in a round of Med Ball Pushups and one of Staggered Hand Pushups, and a round each of Standard Pullups and Chinups, both using the Pull Up Assist. It did tire me out a bit, but that is what the workout is for. I'd rather have the strength added in than the cardio of Mobata. The change resulted in a workout that was two minutes shorter than usual. The calorie burn was close to what it had been for the previous three times I did this workout.

Start Time: 6:35 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 350; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 26, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Mobata

I did the dreaded Frog Planks in the first set to get them out of the way. I had to modify the Squat Switches and the Ski Hops, but everything else went OK.

Start Time: 7:05 pm; Workout Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 261; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 27, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Uptown

Once again, I did two rounds of all the arm workouts and skipped Mobata. My arms were getting burned out, and there was several times where I had to take a break mid-set for a few seconds. Doing it this way makes me feel like I got a good strength workout in..

Start Time: 6:15 pm; Workout Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 271; Avg Heart Rate: 119.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 28, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Moga

Pretty good. Sometimes I can get lost in myself when doing the breathing, which I guess is the point. It feels good. This may be what Tony is talking about when doing yoga, but I've never experienced it when doing those routines. I'll try and remember to concentrate on that during my next yoga routine.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: ???; Avg Heart Rate: ???.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 29, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Downtown

I used the chair again, as usual. I was able to go deeper than usual on some of the moves. Overall, it's turned into a decent leg workout. Nothing super extreme, but functional.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 222; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 30, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Midtown

As I tried on the last set last time, instead of crunching up off the floor and straining my back, I laid flat on the back and brought my legs or knees up from the floor, then crunched up a bit, as necessary. I'm not sure if it's more effective than the other way, but it does save my lower back, and I can feel it. I did OK on the Mobata moves. This was the last workout of the four week Motown Express experience, and rhe end of the 13 week combination with nine weeks of PowerSync60 before that. 

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 211; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 31, 2023 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 157.0 (-2.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 13.2 % (-0.7%)

After a bid increase over the last two weeks, this is more like it.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I think I finished things up OK. I'm still figuring out some modifications to the workouts, to make them fit more with what my goals are, and they seemed to work OK. I'm happy with the weight and body fat drops.


THOUGHTS FOR THE 13 WEEK ROUND (POWERSYNC60/MOTOWN EXPRESS COMBO)

While neither of these programs can be considered "extreme", and are more in the line of "maintenance" programs, I feel I got something out of them. The older I get, the less I feel the need to beat the hell out of my body on a day to day basis, and both of these programs fit the bill. I'm glad I did them, and will most likely do them again in the future.

What is next? Even though it's a new year, and a great time to start something new, I will take a few weeks off. I may do another combo of the above, just mixing them into each other more. I may do another round on Power Of 4. I'm also considering the One On One's, which are my "soul mate" workouts, or even the Original P90X. We'll see.

For the record, I gained 3.6 lbs and 1.3% body fat during 2023. I can live with those numbers, as it's no longer about weight loss for me at this point.

No comments: