Monday, December 18, 2023

WEEK OF 12/18/2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - WEEK 3

MONDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Power City 

I pushed myself a bit today. I started with 2 Dog Pushups instead of his Superman Pushups and that tired me out a bit. I basically did 20 at a time along with band pulldowns. I also went hard on the Mobata. I feel good afterwards.

Start Time: 6:15 pm; Workout Time: 50 minutes; Calories Burned: 348; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


TUESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Mobata 

It went OK. I did the dreaded Frog Squats in the second block, swapping with the Bear Pushups, which I moved to block three. It worked out good. I got them out of the way early.

Start Time: 7:35 pm; Workout Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 235; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Uptown 

Instead of doing the nine shoulders and arms moves once, then doing Mobata, I repeated those nine moves, and skipped the Mobata, which I'm not a big fan of. I think I got more out of the workout that way. It tired me a bit, especially the Platter Presses, but I got though it OK. It only added two minutes to the workout, and a lot of that two minutes was rewinding and fast forwarding past the Mobata section. I used 15 lb weights on all the moves except the chair dips, which I did off the floor with Power Stands, I think I might be sore in a few days, but that is good,

Start Time: 10:20 pm; Workout Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 259; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


THURSDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Moga

It was relaxing, but maybe not as much as last week. My breathing wasn't coordinated, although I was concentrating on it.

Start Time: 10:15 pm; Workout Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 146; Avg Heart Rate: 90.


FRIDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Downtown

Again, maybe not as good as last week. I couldn't do the 12-3-9 Hops as long, but I tried. Everything else was OK. I did switch which side I was holding onto the chair each round. Last week I was holding onto it on the left and felt a bit of discomfort in my left hip later in the week. Hopefully that won't happen this week.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 246; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SATURDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2023 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Midtown

This thing was always straining my lower back to the point where I thought I might actually hurt myself, so on the second round I kept my back on the ground and just brought my legs or knees in more. It seemed to work a lot better. The Mobata section was what it was. I just tolerated it.

Start Time: 5:00 pm; Workout Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 204; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SUNDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2023 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 159.4 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 13.0% (+0.5%)

After last wee's big increases, I figured I'd bounce back down, but that didn't happen. I'll keep an eye on things.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

A bit of concern about the continued weight increase. The workouts went OK, but I don't think they were as good as last week's.

No comments: