Monday, April 1, 2024

WEEK OF 04/01/2024 - POWERSYNC60/MOTOWN EXPRESS - WEEK 10

MONDAY - APRIL 1, 2024 - POWERSYNC60 - Strength One

This, along with Strength Two, might be my favorite workouts of the round, because I actually feel I'm accomplishing something, so I'm usually not just going through the motions. I'm trying to improve myself. Today was no exception. Used 40's again on the Lawnmowers, and 30's on the Rows and Chest Presses, which I substitute for the Plank Hop Pushups.

Start Time: 7:05 pm; Workout Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 263; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


TUESDAY - APRIL 2, 2024 - POWERSYNC60 - Base Power

I lost my balance a lot, which is frustrating, but understood and accepted, but I didn't dog it. It just is what it is. I just move on. 

Start Time: 6:35 pm; Workout Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 286; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 3, 2024 - POWERSYNC60 - Strength Two

Another good strength workout. I think I used the same weights as last time, except I mistakenly used 15s instead of 10s on the three direction shoulder. I finished the exercise with the 15s, but my form was bad. Otherwise I felt good, and am starting to notice the difference in my arms. I wouldn't expect that with the shorter than usual workout and in many cases, lighter weights.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 285; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


THURSDAY - APRIL 4, 2024 - POWERSYNC60 - Go With The Flow

I went back to my tighter fitting socks that don't twist, so overall it went better. A bit relaxing, but still a lot of mind chatter.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 353; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


FRIDAY - APRIL 5, 2024 - POWERSYNC60 - Everything, Every Muscle, All In One

I used to dread this one for some reason. As I was going through it today, I realized there were really only two moves I didn't like, the Baby Burpees, and the Pushup Jump Backs. Other than that, everything else was basic. Of course, a lot of the moves are difficult for me to perform at a high rate, because I have no balance, but they were OK to do. 

Start Time: 7:35 pm; Workout Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 289; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


SATURDAY - APRIL 6, 2024 - POWERSYNC60 - The Big Sweat

This was the first Powersync60 workout I every did when I started this thing. I didn't think it was excessively hard at the time and never dreaded it when I saw it coming up in the schedule. However, today was a different story. There are way too many moves in plank position. On one of them, the up/Down Plank Jacks, my mind told my body not to do any more with about 10 seconds left, and I physically couldn't move. Tony was also becoming annoying with his change of direction callouts on some of the moves. There is something to be said for listening to instructions, but when he's calling things out literally every second, it becomes pointless. This has become one of my least favorite workouts.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 218; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SUNDAY - APRIL 7, 2024 - POWERSYNC60 - Long and Strong

I wasn't really in the mood and was a bit impatient with some of the moves. He spends an awful lot of time on the legs, and rightfully so, but I went at my own faster pace and spent a lot of the extra time in Frog pose, which is what I needed. 

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 38  minutes; Calories Burned: 183; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 168.2 (-0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.6% (-0.1)

Small drops, but at least they were drops, which hasn't happened in a long time. I feel weirdly encouraged.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

As I've said many times here, I'm getting something out of the two Strength workouts, but little out of anything else. I'm sure my physical limitations are affecting the rest of the workouts, but I'm not mentally motivated with them. I often wonder if I could do more if I really wanted to, or if I'm doing all I can, and that's just the way it is.

No comments: