Monday, March 25, 2024

WEEK OF 03/25/2024 - POWERSYNC60/MOTOWN EXPRESS - WEEK 9

MONDAY - MARCH 25, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Power City 

The way I modify this workout turns it into a pretty tough check and back routine. I replace the Mobata sections with two extra rounds of pushups and pullups, giving me six rounds total. I did 60 pushups on each round for total of 360. On the first two rounds of pullups, I did 24 with the pullup assist, for a total of 48, and on the last four rounds I did 60 band pulldowns for a total of 240. I wasn't dogging anything, either. I was getting tired, and my shoulders are a bit sore about 30 minutes after i finished. Good job!

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 300; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


TUESDAY - MARCH 26, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Mobata 

This went pretty good. The only move I really don't like is the Frog Burpees, so I did the five sets of those during the warmup, to get them out of the way. After that I could concentrate on going a little harder on the rest of the moves, knowing I didn't have to conserve my energy for those later on. It was also a bit of a mind trick, too.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 259; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 27, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Uptown

Once again, I repeated the nine shoulder and arm moves, and didn't do mobata. I used 15 lb weights on everything. One good thing was that I fatigued my muscles several times during the workout, which I guess is a good thing.  

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 34 minutes; Calories Burned: 235; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


THURSDAY - MARCH 28, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Moga

I was a bit more relaxed than when I did this last time. I just took it slower. I tried breathing in for five counts, while getting into the start of then move, then holding my breath while holding the move for five counts, then exhaling on the stretch for five counts. This worked out, but after a while you get out of breath because you aren't breathing normally.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 138; Avg Heart Rate: 90.


FRIDAY - MARCH 29, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Downtown 

This went as usual. I held onto a chair for most of the moves, and substituted side to side Heisman's for the 12-3-9 hops, which I can't do. For some reason, this one tires me more than I think it should.

Start Time: 8:25 pm; Workout Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 250; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


SATURDAY - MARCH 30, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Midtown

Again, this went OK. Nothing special. The Mobata moves went OK too,

Start Time: 12:00 pm; Workout Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 216; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


SUNDAY - MARCH 31, 2024 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 168.4 (-2.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.7% (-0.1%)

Numbers may be a bit misleading, as I'd weighed myself later in the day, after I'd eaten, which I normally don't do.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went OK, maybe a bit above average, but I'm mentally exhausted with other things, and am not very motivated to do the workouts. I'm doing them more so I don't miss a day, than for their benefits. It's been said. "at least you showed up", but that shouldn't be everyday. I'm still concerned with the weight gain and Body Fat% increase.

No comments: