Monday, November 8, 2010

Post Round 6 Maintenance - Week of 11/8/2010

Monday - November 8, 2010 - Upper Plus
===============================
Time: 53:30
Calories Burned: 575
Avg Heart Rate: 127
Max Heart Rate: 158

I'm not ready to start another official round, but I wanted to get some strength exercises in because I haven't done them in a while, so I decided to do a P90X Plus week this week. I did the same thing a few weeks ago, but today I got a very rude awakening. I struggled with the pullups, felt nauseous a few times during the workout, and was taking breaks after almost every exercise in the second half of the workout. What an eye-opener. During the cooldown I could barely feel my arms in some of the stretches. After I was done I layed on the floor for about 45 minutes just to let my body recover.

Tuesday - November 9, 2010 - Interval X Plus
==================================
Time: 44:18
Calories Burned: 488
Avg Heart Rate: 129
Max Heart Rate: 160

This was a really good workout. I wasn't feeling sluggish on any of the moves, and the calorie burn was one of my best on this routine.

Wednesday - November 10, 2010 - Total Body Plus
=====================================
Time: 55:59
Calories Burned: 601
Avg Heart Rate: 127
Max Heart Rate: 155

After Monday's wake up call with Upper Plus, I was a little bit curious as to how this one would go. I felt good going in but some of the early moves have a tendency to wear me down quickly. They don't look tough on paper, but they're tiring. I took a lot of small breaks to write down my rep counts and to change weights, but overall it went OK. It certainly wasn't as bad as Monday, even though I did burn more calories today than Monday. I'm still struggling with the pullups, but those will come in time once again.

Thursday - November 11, 2010 - X Stretch
================================
I probably should have done Yoga X, but I was really, really tired after work today, and decided to do X Stretch instead. My quads were really tight, so I didn't go all the way back on the Back Hero pose, but other than that all was OK. Though it may seem similar, it's still not the workout that Yoga X is.

Friday - November 12, 2010 - Cardio X (Modified)
=====================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 58:21
Calories Burned: 565
Avg Heart Rate: 120
Max Heart Rate: 155

This was on the lower end as far as my calorie burns for this modified workout. Not surprising, as I felt my mind wandering a few times. I'm still sore from Monday / Wednesday, which is a good thing.

Saturday - November 13, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
======================================
Time: 41:43
Calories Burned: 459
Avg Heart Rate: 129
Max Heart Rate: 155

I did a lot of yardwork today and for some reason started feeling a bit ill just before I started my workout. I took a small break just after the warmup to regroup, then went at it. I had a good time with it (as usual), got through it Ok, and ended up with one of my best calorie burns ever for Kenpo Cardio. Now I'm going to relax and watch some hockey.

Sunday - November 14, 2010 - Weigh In
=============================
Weight: 179.1 Body Fat: 23.1%

An increase of 2.1 lbs. I'm wondering where that came from? I was actually expecting a loss this week. I thought I ate fairly well, though not perfect. I got in some good workouts, and spent a few hours yesterday clearing leaves off my front yard. Looking back, I did have a few (2) Diet Pepsis, a lunchmeat sandwich at my parent's yesterday, finished off the halloween candy early in the week, did X Stretch instead of Yoga on Thursday, no Plyo this week. I did have two bowls of oatmeal yesterday with some peanut butter mixed in, and also had two Protein Bars. Maybe all that small stuff added up, but it shouldn't have made that much of a difference, as none of those things were totally out of the ordinary. It's disappointing and a bit concerning, but I'm not going to freak out about it. I usually bounce back.

No comments: