Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Post Round 6 Maintenance - Week of 11/15/2010

Monday - November 15, 2010 - Plyometrics
================================
Time: 58:41
Calories Burned: 650
Avg Heart Rate: 129
Max Heart Rate: 160

Back to Plyo after not doing it last week. I used to dread doing this workout, but now I like it. My knees were really sore for some reason before I began. The only thing I can think of doing out of the ordinary lately is raking the leaves, so maybe that was it. The workout went OK, except my right shin started hurting a bit during the hot foot exercise. I hope I didn't do some damage to it. Otherwise, nothing exceptional.

Tuesday - November 16, 2010 - Interval X Plus
===================================
Time: 44:23
Calories Burned: 490
Avg Heart Rate: 129
Max Heart Rate: 156

Almost 500 calories burned in a 44 minute workout. Not bad. Knees still hurting a bit. Something to keep tabs on. Kenpo Cardio Plus tomorrow, then Yoga X on Thursday. We'll see how they feel after that.

Wednesday - November 17, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
=======================================
Time: 41:45
Calories Burned: 417
Avg Heart Rate: 123
Max Heart Rate: 150

Not much to say. An average workout with an average calorie burn. Some days it's clicking, some days it not, and some days are in between, like today. My knees felt a bit better, however, which is a good sign.

Thursday - November 18, 2010 - Yoga X
==============================
Time: 1:35:27
Calories Burned: 579
Avg Heart Rate: 99
Max Heart Rate: 128

Not a bad workout, just not a great one. My mind was relatively clear, but it was wandering at times, especially during the first half when I was counting down how many vinyasa moves I had left to do. My balance was OK in the Warrior 3 / Half Moons. Not perfect, but better than it has been lately. My balance postures were poor, but again, better than they've been lately. I know one thing. My body still feels beat up. I'm at the point where I feel I should be considering starting a new round, but I just can't see myself doing the strength exercises week after week. Maybe I'd feel differently once I started doing them.

Friday - November 19, 2010 - Cardio X (Modified)
=====================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 58:41
Calories Burned: 578
Avg Heart Rate: 121
Max Heart Rate: 157

An average workout with nothing special to report. Seems to be a pattern for this week.

Saturday - November 20, 2010 - Kenpo X
===============================
Time: 59:14
Calories Burned: 595
Avg Heart Rate: 123
Max Heart Rate: 151

I've been putting on weight the last few weeks and feel like tomorrow's weigh-in isn't going to be good. I've not been above 180 lbs in a long, long time, and I'm afraid tomorrow that may happen. Today we celebrated my parent's Anniversary with some cake and ice cream. To make things worse, I had a helping and a half, and I went into today's workout a bit on the depressed side. I started out just going through the motions feeling "what's the point". However, somewhere around the side-kicks things started to kick into gear, and I started feeling less sorry for myself, and I finished strong. Other than that, I didn't feel like this was an exceptional Kenpo workout, but I did end up burning almost 600 calories, which may be a high for me on Kenpo X. I'll take this momentum going forward.

Sunday - November 21, 2010 - Weigh In
==============================
Weight: 176.9 Body Fat: 22.7%

A drop of 2.2 lbs and .4% body fat from last week. A big surprise, but I'll take it.

I decided last night that ROUND 7 starts tomorrow. I think I really need to get back into the strength training.

No comments: