Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Post Round 6 Maintenance - Week 10

Monday - November 1, 2010 - Plyometrics
===============================
Time: 58:55
Calories Burned: 638
Avg Heart Rate: 128
Max Heart Rate: 161

I thought this was a good workout, and was expecting the calorie burn to be near 700, but I guess not. I was still very happy with it.

Tuesday - November 2, 2010 - Interval X Plus
==================================
Time: 44:23
Calories Burned: 464
Avg Heart Rate: 126
Max Heart Rate: 156

An average Interval X workout.

Wednesday - November 3, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
======================================
Time: 41:43
Calories Burned: 427
Avg Heart Rate: 124
Max Heart Rate: 152

One of my best calorie burns on this workout, but otherwise nothing special to report. I'm trying to concentrate on eating better, but there's still some of that leftover Halloween candy that's tripping me up here and there.

Thursday - November 4, 2010 - Yoga X
=============================
Time: 1:35:24
Calories Burned: 603
Avg Heart Rate: 100
Max Heart Rate: 131

I was briefly considering doing X Stretch instead, but once again, I'm glad I did Yoga X. I thought it was one of my better Yoga X workouts as far as calmess and patience go. However, the last few times I've done this workout, I'm convincing myself I can't do the balance postures, so I struggle with them. I've done them in the past with no problem, so I know they're possible. I need to get over that "I can't" minsdet.

Friday - November 5, 2010 - Cardio X (Modified)
====================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them
Time: 58:23
Calories Burned: 584
Avg Heart Rate: 123
Max Heart Rate: 155

Once again this modified workout was a success. I got a decent calorie burn and worked up a real good sweat.

Saturday - November 6, 2010 - Kenpo X
==============================
Time: 58:56
Calories Burned: 522
Avg Heart Rate: 116
Max Heart Rate: 149

There's many times I'm just going through the motions on this workout, but not today. I felt extremely good going into it and really pushed myself. The result was one of the best calorie burns I've had on this routine in a while. I could never figure out why I never get a great calorie burn here compared to the other P90X workouts, but I think I have to realize there's a 12 minute stretching warmup, a 4 minute cooldown, and a large chunk of the workout (blocks) where you're doing nothing but moving your arms. Take all that into consideration, and I guess 522 calories burned isn't all that bad.

Sunday - November 7, 2010 - Weigh In
=============================
Weight: 177.0 Body Fat: 22.7%

A drop of 1.4 lbs and .6% Body Fat. Obviously, I'm pleased. I ate pretty good during the week, except for the leftover Halloween candy.

No comments: