Monday, November 29, 2010

ROUND 7 - Week 2

This is a P90X PLUS Week

MONDAY - November 29, 2010 - Upper Plus
=================================
Time: 52:47
Calories Burned: 547

I did this workout a few weeks ago after doing almost no strength training for 2+ months, and it absolutely killed me. After one week of strength training, I did a LOT better. My pushups and pullups were almost double what they were a few weeks ago. I only took a small 10 second break in the first half and was thinking it wasn't so bad. However, the second half was a different story. I was totally gassed and taking small breaks after almost every exercise. As I think I mentioned before, this routine sneaks up on you. It doesn't look that hard, but it is. Overall, I was very happy with the way it went.

TUESDAY - November 30, 2010 - Interval X Plus
====================================
Time: 44:22
Calories Burned: 475

I wanted to follow up yesterday's good effort with another, and I think I did so. I felt pretty good through the entire workout, and had one of my highest calories burns on this routine.

WEDNESDAY - December 1, 2010 - Total Body Plus
======================================
Time: 57:40
Calories Burned: 646

I took about 13 minutes in break time, but I also maxed out my reps on each move. Pullups are still not there, but they are getting better. A good calorie burn.

THURSDAY - December 2, 2010 - Yoga X
===============================
Time: 1:35:56
Calories Burned: 626

During the first half of the workout I tried working on my balance by concentrating on my foot placement. Because of my bad ankles and knees it isn't a simple thing for me. It worked to a point, but I still lost my balance a few times during the Half-Moons, and a lot during the Balance Poses. I'll keep working on it. Crane went a lot better than it has the last few times. All in all, a better than average workout.

Also, today, I became a Beachbody Coach. I've been thinking about it lately. I'm not sure where I'm going with it, but I do know I believe in the products, and that's a must.

FRIDAY - December 3, 2010 - Upper Plus
===============================
Time: 48:25
Calories Burned: 500

A repeat of Monday's workout. As I mentioned then, I was exhausted by the second half on Monday. Today I tried using 25 lbs instead of 30 lbs on two of the biceps moves, and I increased my reps significantly on both (Lean Back Curls from 15 to 24 reps, and Pumper Curls from 20 to 30 reps). I'm not sure if that was the sole reason, but I cut my pause time by 4 minutes. That's significant. I'm really beginning to like this workout.

SATURDAY - December 4, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
======================================
Time: 41:41
Calories Burned: 444

Started out a bit sluggish, but picked it up, and it turned into a good workout.

SUNDAY - December 5, 2010 - Weigh In and Abs/Core Plus
============================================
Weight: 181.8 Body Fat: 23.9%

An increase of 2.6 lbs and .2% body fat percentage. This is going the wrong way in a hurry. I need to really concentrate on what I'm eating.

Abs/Core Plus:
Time: 26:28
Calories Burned: 263

This workout can tire you out, but I still don't think I'm getting the same results I'm getting with Ab Ripper X.

No comments: