Monday, June 24, 2013

HYBRID - WEEK 10 - P90X2 (Phase 3) - Week of 6/24/2013

My entire Hybrid Schedule

My Story

MONDAY - JUNE 24, 2013 - P90X2 - X2 Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

I remember this being one of the easier X2 workouts. It was, but I was still sweating like crazy. My moment for the day was bringing my knees in on the 3-Ball Extravaganza move. I wasn't able to do that on my first round of P90X2 last year. I didn't bring it in much, but I did get my foot off the back ball. I did 6 of those. I didn't really have too many problems with any of the other moves.

Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 440; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 154.


TUESDAY - JUNE 25, 2013 - P90X2 - P.A.P. Lower

I'm still not sure what to make of this routine. It's one of those "science" workouts which is supposed to improve athletic performance. I guess I can see how it could do that, as there is a lot of balance, speed, explosiveness, and core strength involved. I was only able to do 6 of the 8 Step Up Convict moves because my balance is so bad. I also had some problems holding the Side-Bridge Leg Lifts. Other than that, I did OK. I think if I'd been doing solely P90X2 for the last few months, I'd have done better.

Time: 62 minutes; Calories burned: 529; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 150.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 26, 2013 - P90X2 - V-Sculpt

Not much to say on this one. I used 25 lbs on the heavier weight moves and 15's on the Renegade moves. Pullups weren't great as usual, but I did my best. I'm still concentrating on eating better. It's not perfect, but much improved over the last few weeks. I saw someone else's blog where she said she really "got" it when she decided to eat to "fuel" her body. Makes sense, and I've been thinking about that when making choices.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 399; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 149.


THURSDAY - JUNE 27, 2013 - P90X2 - X2 Yoga

I needed Yoga today, as my body's getting sore again. I made the mistake of eating beforehand (which I hardly ever do), and I felt it during the workout, especially during the three series of Warrior One moves. There were a few of the stretches where I was tight and didn't get too deep into them, but otherwise it went well. One thing I've been noticing about Yoga lately is that my shoulders are burning when I'm reaching skyward in Warrior One. Yoga usually is within a few days after a shoulder workout, so those workouts must be working.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 456; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 138.


FRIDAY - JUNE 28, 2013 - P90X2 - P.A.P. Upper

This was one of those days where I wasn't dreading the specific workout, but instead just didn't feel like working out, period. As the workout was beginning I was wondering how I was going to get through it, even though I always do. I remembered most of the moves from the last time I did this back in March 2012, and I knew it was tough, but nothing like Chest and Back tough. The first complex was a lot harder than the second, because of the Renegade Rows, which can tire you out quickly. I also had to come out of the Plank on Medicine Ball move a few times, probably because I was talking myself out of it. The second complex wasn't as intense, but I had to modify the Towel Pullups because I still can't get the grip down. I did regular pullups instead. Overall, it went well, and I worked up a good sweat.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 465; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 158.


SATURDAY - JUNE 29, 2013 - P90X2 - Recovery and Mobility

Not much to say. I'm still trying to get the nuances of the foam roller.

I received the new Focus T25 workout program today and I'm anxious to try that out after this Hybrid is completed. In the last few weeks I've also ordered Les Mills Pump, Les Mills Combat, and Tai Cheng to give myself a better variety in what I'm doing. I'm really looking for things that aren't going to be beating up my body as much. I'm especially intrigued by Tai Cheng. I'm hoping it'll help me with my horrible balance.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 194; Avg Heart Rate: 84; Max Heart Rate: 109.


SUNDAY - JUNE 30, 2013 - P90X2 - X2 Ab Ripper and WEIGH IN

X2 AB RIPPER
The workout went well. Nothing extraordinary

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 116; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 125.


WEIGH IN
Old Scale: Weight: 174.7; Body Fat: 22.1%
New Scale: Weight: 188.0; Body Fat: 19.9%

A loss of .9 lbs and .3% body fat on the old scale, and a loss of 1.8 lbs on the new scale and no change in body fat%. I tried concentrating on eating better this week, and it seemed to pay off. Still far from perfect, but a change in the right direction.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I did OK on the workouts. The main thing was I've been trying to eat better. Next week is Asylum-Volume 2. I know Monday and Tuesday are going to be tough.




No comments: