Monday, July 1, 2013

HYBRID - WEEK 11 - INSANITY: THE ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - Week of 7/1/2013

My entire Hybrid Schedule

My Story



MONDAY - JULY 1, 2013 - INSANITY: THE ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - X Trainer

This is one of the tougher workouts in the entire Hybrid. There is a lot of choreographed agility moves with the ladder. I hadn't done this workout since early March 2013, so I was a bit stale and moved a little slower than those on the video on those moves, but I did better than expected. The real tough ones are the Matrix Pushups (60 of them), and the Pyramid Weights. I did all of the pushups, but did have to go to my knees quite a few times when holding the 10 seconds planks in between the sets. I used 25 lb weights on the Pyramid Weights and completed all the reps with no problems. All in all, I was happy with the effort and what I was able to do.

Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 511; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 160.


TUESDAY - JULY 2, 2013 - INSANITY: THE ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - Upper Elite

This may very well be the toughest workout I have in my arsenal. 60 minutes of Pushups (including a lot of one arm pushups), Weights, even some agility moves to break things up. What makes it tough is that there are really no breaks, and I never hit the "pause" button. There's a few times he says "grab some water", but by the time you get the bottle up to your lips, he's on to the next exercise. Just relentless, but I got through it. I probably did a few less reps in some areas than some on the video, but for the most part I kept up. I used 25 lb weights on all the weight exercises. The last time I did this workout in March, I used 30's, but I noticed my numbers were a lot lower back then. I think going down 5 lbs allowed me to do much more. I'm glad this one is over with.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 629; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 222.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 3, 2013 - INSANITY: THE ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - Power Legs

I didn't remember this workout being this hard. I did my best, but there were times when I wasn't able to keep up with those on the video, especially the agility moves on the ladder. I'm still trying to eat better, and I'm feeling a bit better because of it.

Time: 50 minutes; Calories Burned: 482; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 146.


THURSDAY - JULY 4, 2013 - INSANITY: THE ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - Off Day Stretch

July 4th. A perfect day for a stretch workout. It was relaxing.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 116; Avg Heart Rate: 87; Max Heart Rate: 104.


FRIDAY - JULY 5, 2013 - REST

Day off of work, so I played golf this morning. I had a bit of a fever before I left, and it got worse during the day. It was hot and muggy as hell, and when I got home I felt horrible. I was really shaky and weak, so I decided not to do the workout, and instead spent most of the day in bed.


SATURDAY - JULY 6, 2013 -  1) INSANITY: THE ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - Back and 6 Pack; 2) INSANITY: THE ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - Championship / Sudden Death OT

1) INSANITY: THE ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - Back and 6 Pack

I woke up early this morning feeling a bit better after the long rest. I decided to do Back and 6 Pack, which I had scheduled for yesterday, and did it at 7am. I was still a bit weak, so I was down on a few reps here and there, but overall it went well. Thankfully, it's a shorter workout than most of the others.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 316; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 204.


2) INSANITY: THE ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - Championship / Sudden Death OT

I started this one about 6pm. I don't think I've ever done two full workouts in one day before, but it didn't seem to be a problem. I used 25 lb weights on the Weightlifting section and got all the reps in. I also got in six full circuits during OT, which is my high. Overall, I think this is the best I've done on this workout.  I'm still not as quick as they are on the agility drills, but I'll work on it.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 531; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 151.


SUNDAY - JULY 7, 2013 - INSANITY: THE ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - Ab Shredder and Weigh-In

Ab Shredder
I didn't do to well on Ab Shredder. I kept coming out of plank position earlier than I needed to  because I wasn't toughing it out. My body feels like crap, and I just didn't feel like putting it through more pain. Not a good thing.

Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 182; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 133.

Weigh-In
Old Scale - Weight: 177.4 lbs; Body Fat: 22.7%
New Scale - Weight: 189.0 lbs; Body Fat: 19.8%

An increase of 2.7 lbs and .6% body fat on the Old Scale. An increase of 1.0 lbs and a decrease of .1% body fat on the New Scale. I ate an entire frozen pizza yesterday, and indulged a bit on the 4th, but not too much. Stress eating. I feel sluggish physically, and am pissed off at myself mentally. I just have to do better. I went grocery shopping this afternoon and made better choices.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Things were OK during the first half of the week, but stresses of everyday life caught up with me on Friday and Saturday. I also wasn't feeling well on Friday, which didn't help things. These Asylum workouts are tough. My body is sore, and I'm tired of it being sore. Just venting for now. I know it's beneficial in the long run.




No comments: