Monday, September 3, 2018

WEEK OF 09/03/2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 2 - WEEK 1

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 3, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 30/15

I'm back at it after a three week rest. I loved this program the first time I did it earlier in the year. I got great results, so I'm going to repeat the schedule. Today's workout was basically P90X  Chest and Back. Pushups and Pullups. My targets today were 30 pushups and 5 pullups. I did the pushups with no problem. What surprised me was how strong I was early on with the pullups, especially with not doing them for so long. I only came down off the bar once on the first eight pullup moves. I was a bit tired on the last four but mostly came down because I was losing my grip. A good start!

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 256; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 145.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 4, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyo Legs

This was the first workout in the One On One series and it may be the toughest. Probably tougher than any P90X workout. On paper it doesn't look bad. Only 20 moves, most of which are familiar from other workouts, but it's the rep counts that kill you. Up to 50 on some moves. By the 8th move my legs were really tired, which is unusual for me. By the third last move (180 Squat Switches) I literally had to wait a few seconds before each jump. I couldn't jump repetitively. In the end I did my best, got through it and I'm proud of that.

Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 308; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 153.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 5, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Just Arms

This is the last of what I call "The Big Three". Chest/Back, Legs, Arms. Old School strength training. I did pretty good today. I looked at my notes from the last time I did this workout (in February), and saw I'd started out with 30's on the Bicep Curls. Today I started with 40's, which I sometimes struggle with. I got in 8 reps on the first set and 10 on the second set with relatively no problems. On the rest of the moves I used mostly what I'd used last time, but saw little chance to increase the weight without bringing in bad form. However, next time I'll look a little harder for those chances, as I'm sure they're there, and I'll probably surprise myself by making the jump.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 235; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 159.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 6, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain of Youth

I know from past experience that yoga will take away some soreness, so I was kind of looking forward to this one. My shoulders are a bit sore, but my legs and butt are killing me. I was stumbling all over the place at the beginning because it was tough for me to bend my legs. Eventually it got a little better as I went along, but nothing was really going smoothly. I'll see how I feel tomorrow on the golf course.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 87; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 123.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 7, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Road Warrior

I played golf this morning, then cut the lawn when I came home. My legs were cramping a bit before I started the workout. Thankfully, this is one of the easier wotkout the way he has it set up, because he's using bands instead of weights. I used a lighter band because I wasn't feeling like beating myself up any more than I had to. One trick I tried, because I workout in my bare feet, was standing on top of kitchen sponges which I placed over the bands on the floor. This kept the bands from cutting into my feet and it worked great.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 195; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 8, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Super Cardio

I did OK. This one isn't real motivating, and I'll admit I probably didn't give my all, but I did break a sweat.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 232; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 142.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 9. 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Killer Abs

I struggled a bit with the Ab Ripper X moves, but overall it went all right.

Time: 26 minutes; Calories Burned: 87; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 131.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 182.6 (-2.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 18.8% (no change)

Didn't eat great.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The first three days were tough. The last four were a bit easier on the body, but I still stumbled here and there as my body was sore. I'm still feeling a bit sluggish at the end of the week. I don't know if that's from eating poorly or if it's because my body is tired from the workouts.

No comments: