Tuesday, September 18, 2018

WEEK OF 09/17/2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 2 - WEEK 3

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 17, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 30-15 Routine

Once again, my numbers were 30 pushups and 5 pullups. Got them all in, and once again I had to come off the pullup bar a few times, especially near the end. As usual, I go faster than they do on the video. I finished the 24 sets in about 34 minutes. I sat around for about 6 or 7 minutes, watching the video, then did 75 uninterrupted standard pushups. All told, I did 435 pushups during this workout. After that extra set, I just sat back, relaxed, and watched the last few moves, then did the cool down. I wish I could do more pullups, but I "struggle" with them right now.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 247; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 148.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyo Legs

This one is an absolute beast. I can't think of another workout where you are working one body part and getting this much cardio to go with it. I did better than two weeks ago because I could still jump a little at end the end, but my legs are still fried.

Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 325; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 150.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Just Arms

I was going to say this was a tough workout, but then realized you get out of this one what you put into it. If you're going to push yourself with the wights, it can be tough. I tried upping my weights or rep counts from last time on a few of the moves. I started with 40's on the bicep curls and did 8 reps on the first set, but then did 12 on the second set. 40's are usually tough for me, but I handled them OK two weeks ago also, so it might be time to try 45's or 50's. I used 30's on the decline curls, where last time I used 25's. My reps went from 12 to 10, but that's OK. However, on the second set I could only get 9 reps in. I then tried using 30's on the 21's move. I got through the seven lower half reps, but when I tried then on the upper half , I couldn't do it safely. I went back to the 25 lbs, but my left arm was so worn out I could barely finish the move with the 25's. However, I got through it. My arms feel pumped, and I'm happy with myself for the effort.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 218; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 153.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 19, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain Of Youth

I tried to recreate last week's blissful workout, but didn't quite get there. It was better than usual, but I was more sore today than last week, so the vinyasas were  bit more difficult, especially on the pushups. I still felt good about it. I wasn't fighting any of the moves.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 81; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 123.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 20, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Road Warrior

I'm starting to get the hang of the bands and am finding out they can give some resistance if used properly. Once again, I placed kitchen sponges on top of the band and stood on those. It works great. I increased my reps from 15 to 20 on a lot of the moves, mostly because I wasn't taking as much time fumbling around with the bands and where to place my feet. I'm actually starting to like and appreciate this workout. It's not the toughest, but it can be effective if done right.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 224; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 152.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 21, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Super Cardio

I went at this one with more energy than I usually do, especially on the jumping and spinning moves. I felt a bit better about the workout because of that.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 260; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 160.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 22, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Killer Abs

I normally get my Sunday ab workouts done in the morning, but kept putting this one off. I finally got it done just between 7:30 and 8:00 pm. No problems with any of the moves, but I did stop at 40 Mason Twists.

Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 82; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 128.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight 182.0 (+0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 18.6% (+0.2%)

I'm OK with both numbers


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went well. I increased reps or weight several times, which is good. I'm still not eating perfectly.

No comments: