Monday, November 19, 2018

WEEK OF 11/19/18 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 2 - WEEK 12

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 19, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - UBX

Tiring. My arms are wobbly as I'm typing this, about 10 minutes after I finished it. Except for a few pushup moves on medicine balls, the rest of the moves aren't really hard when taken by themselves. However, they're tiring, and there aren't any easy ones to give you a break, So, cumulatively, it's exhausting. I did get through it Ok, though, and I even increased my numbers on a few of them. A good workout for me.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 339' Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 145.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 20, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Core Synergistics: MC2

As I've posted before, I'm not a fan of this one. The warmup is a P90X2 warmup, which is way too long. During the actual workout, I probably did better than I thought I was doing. There are a lot of balance moves I can't do properly, but I tried, even though I was frustrated while doing so. The moves I could do were OK, even though I didn't like doing them. Then I half-assed the cool down, which was also ridiculously long. However, when all is said and done, I got through it, and probably got some benefit out of it. I guess my challenge with this one in the future is not so much improving the moves, but improving my attitude as I do it.

Time: 67 minutes; Cakories Burned: 207; Avg Heart Rate: 107; Max Heart Rate: 133.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 21, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - V-Sculpt

I did pretty good. I raised my rep count on a lot of the moves, but didn't increase my weights. Next time, I'll look at increasing the weight. I used 25's again on most of the bicep moves. Probably can do 30's on them. On the last Down The Rack I started with 40's again. I tried 40's on the first round, but couldn't handle them. Don't know why I was stronger at the end, but I was. The pullups were encouraging too.

Time: 56 minutes; Calorirs Burned: 228; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 144.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 22, 2018 - TON HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

Today is Thanksgiving. My initial plan was to do this workout later in the day. However, I had about an hour and a half in the late morning before I had to get ready for dinner, so I decided to to the workout then. In the back of my mind I knew I wasn't really mentally prepared for it, but I did it anyways. Once into it I felt rushed. Then that went away. Then my body started shaking a bit, I think from yesterday's workout, so I started losing my poses. By the end I couldn't even align myself and went to Child Pose a few times. However, I finished it up. Not my best yoga workout, but I did what I could.

Time: 66 minutes: Calories Burned: 141; Avg Heart Rate: 108: Max Heart Rate: 130.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 23, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - P.A.P.

This is my last true resistance workout of the round, so I wanted to make it good. The last few times I did this one I sort of took it easy during the long warmup. Today I did all the exercises. I actually think it helped me with the main part of the routine. I used 25's on both weighted moves, the lunges and the renegade rows. I tried my best on the Starfish side planks. I think I got to 30 seconds once and around 15 to 20 seconds the rest of the time. I still struggle with the Plyo Pushups though. I got 6 reps in each time, but they were ugly. Overall, however, it was a good effort on my part.

Time: 69 minutes: Calories Burned: 369: Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 146.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 24, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Stretch and Recovery

A good stretch. I want to say I've done better on this in the past, but maybe not. I'm setting the bar a little higher with a lot of these routines, so where I think I might have done great in the past, I might be doing better now, but just not noticing it. I came out of a few moves early, but not too many.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 160; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 142.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 25, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ARX2

I did 20 reps on all the moves, except the weird ball one near the end, which Tony even gives up on. I got a little ahead of him and finished a few moves before he did. I even did 125 bicycles on the last move.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 126; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 128.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 178.0 lbs (- 1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 17.6% (- 0.2%)

Nice!


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This was the last week of the resistance workouts. I'm feeling really good. Most days I'm a bit sore, but that's good too, I'm a bit bummed that this round is almost over, as I really like the variety of the workouts.



No comments: