Monday, November 26, 2018

WEEK OF 11/26/18 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 2 - WEEK 13

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 26, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain Of Youth

This is the last week of the round, and it's all all yoga week. I wasn't perfect today, but I did notice I was a lot stronger on a lot of the moves. These moves were back to the basics. I really liked the stretching at the end.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 76; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 126.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 27, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird

This might be turning into my favorite yoga routine. Simple moves, held longer than usual, but there aren't a lot of them. It's a short workout, but maybe the most relaxing of them all.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 63; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 122.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 28, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

One of my favorite clients, Jodi, stopped into the office today, one that I've become friends with because she always has a smile on her face and a calm demeanor despite what life seems to have thrown at her. This workout is not one of my favorites, but I was thinking of Jodi throughout most of it. It put me in a good mood and the workout seemed to flow a lot easier. Thank you, Jodi.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 158; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 134.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 29, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

I'm following my lead from the first round I did, in that I went back to back on this routine. The reason I did it last time was because I hated the routine and wanted to get it out of the way. I also wanted to see if I'd learned anything and improved over the previous day/ Now I don't hate this one as much, but I still wanted to get it done early. Today I wasn't as relaxed as yesterday (no Jodi), but I did OK. There are still moves I don't even try, moves that are ugly, and moves I can't hold for a long period of time, but those are the ones I might surprise myself and actually do in the future. I'd say it was a good, but not great workout.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 180; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 138.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 30, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird

I was looking forward to this one a bit today because it was the second last workout of the round and because it's short and to the point. I was a bit rigid throughout, almost trying to make things too perfect. I stumbled a number of time, most notably during both Half Moons, where I was trying to concentrate on my feet and general alignment instead of just doing it and letting it come naturally. However, when done, I felt fairly good, and I think this may have become my favorite yoga routine.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 73; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 122.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 1, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain Of Youth

Last workout of the round. For some reason I kept putting it off most of the day, almost because I didn't want the round to end. I finally got to it in the late afternoon, but it didn't go as well as I'd wanted. I wasn't as flexible as I thought I should I have been, especially since I've been doing Yoga all week, and I was just "off" all the way around. By the time I got to the Half Moon section I was at the point where my body couldn't hold them. Maybe my yoga muscles are just tired. I finished up OK with the floor moves.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 97; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 124.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 2, 2018 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 179.0 (+1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 17.9% (+0.3%)

Not expected, especially on the body fat. That's a big increase.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

All yoga. It went OK, but I think my body kind of petered out the last few days. I'm not sure if it was because of all the yoga or the 90 days without a rest. I'm disappointed in the weight and body fat gain.


THOUGHTS FOR THE ROUND

I loved it, just as I did the first time I did it earlier this year. Most of the workouts are fun and with 36 different workouts as opposed to 12 for a regular program, there is real "Muscle Confusion". I've gotten better results with this program than doing any other. Despite the backslide of the last week, overall I lost 4.4 lbs and 0.9% body fat. Those don't look like real exciting numbers, but I think I look better, and I know I feel better. I also know I could have eaten better. Overall, it was a great 90 days.


WHAT NEXT?

I'm going to take a few weeks off from starting another official program, maybe until the 1st. I'm trying to decide between doing P90X2 or maybe the original P90X again, then doing the One On One's again. For now, I'm tinkering with a routine where I can lift some heavier weight a few times a week, covering all body parts. We'll see what happens.

No comments: