Monday, November 5, 2018

WEEK OF 11/05/18 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 2 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 5, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - UBX

I can't believe I'm in Week 10 already. I really like these workouts. Most of them are fun. Tough, but fun. Today was no exception. This is one of the tougher workouts in the entire One On One series. 12 exercises done twice each, and almost all of them are killers. It wasn't until he got to the last two moves that you got a bit of a break. As I'm going through this thing I'm thinking I could have done more reps on that move, or I could have used more weight on that move, but then realized if I had, I might not have been able to finish other moves properly. I was pretty much done at the end.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 286; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 141.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 6, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Core Synergistics: MC2

I just don't like this one. I physically can't do a lot of the one-legged balance moves. I have to do them gingerly and can't go all out on them, so it frustrates me. I feel like I'm doing the workout at about 30% effort, and am getting nothing out of it. The warm up was basically the warm up for almost all of the P90X2 workouts, and I never liked that warm up. When I was done I didn't even feel like I needed to cool down, so I fed the cats. Not my shining moment. All I can say is that I showed up and did all the moves. I could have skipped the workout (which I don't do), quit during the workout (which I don't do), or done an easier workout (which I don't do). It got the best of me today, but there are always things I think I can't possibly do that I end up doing years later, so that's why I keep at it.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 251; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 139.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 7, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - V-Sculpt

A good little workout that I really like because of the variety. Six Back and Six Bicep moves alternately picked out of a hat, then re-picked for a second round. Many of the moves are done with bands, which is out of the norm, but keeps it fresh. I used the Green Bands on all those moves. I'm limited as to where I can wrap them in my house. The door wasn't working, so I used a piano leg. It was a bit low, bit worked fine. The pullups went good, except for the 21's. I used 25's on most of the weighted bicep moves. On the first round of the Down The Rack strip sets I started with 30's. On the second round I started with 40's, then went to 30's, and 20's.

Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 251; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 153.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 8, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2 

Still not my favorite yoga routine, but I don't hate it as much as I used to. I came out of a few of the moves early, but other than that it went OK.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 131; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 126.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 9, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - P.A.P.

A bit of a strange workout, as this was the introduction of the Post Activation Potentiation workouts that came out in P90X2 and P90X3. The complexes were in this workout, but they were buried in a 20 minute active warm up and a long stretch / cool down. I half-assed the warm up. I was OK on the complexes, but not great.I can't go too low on the lunges, and am also not too good on the plyo pushups. Room for improvement here.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 250; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 10, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Stretch and Recovery  

This went well. Even though it was a long workout, the time went by quickly. It seemed like I was as flexible as I've been in a long time. I surprised myself a bit.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 148; Avg Heart Rate:100; Max Heart Rate: 137.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 11, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ARX2

Once again, the first two moves really burn your abs. In fact Tony has to break for a few seconds midway through the second move. After that it went OK.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 114; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 135.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 177.6 (-1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 17.8% (No change)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I thought this week might have been a bit easier than last week, but I still had to work. Feeling good. People are still noticing.



No comments: