Monday, May 13, 2019

WEEK OF 05/13/19 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE- ROUND 3 - WEEK 5

MONDAY - MAY 13, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Core Ball Sandwich

This is the start of the One On One Volume 2 workouts. I got a real late start on this one. When I got home from work I was just mentally exhausted, took a small nap, then just laid in bed for a long time just to relax a bit. Sometimes that is necessary. The workout went pretty well. I did my best on each move and didn't really dog any of them. There were a couple where I might have done a couple extra reps, like the first set of Sphinx Push-ups, but I was trembling when I stopped. I also stopped early on the second set of the Plank Crunches when my feet started sliding off the ball. Overall, I was happy with the effort.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 298; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


TUESDAY - MAY 14, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Butt and Belly

Some of the leg moves here are killers, especially the Frog Hops and 8 Card Pickup. And you do them twice! However I did OK. No problems with the Ab moves. I like this workout.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 354; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 15, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - On One Leg

Tough for me because I have problems balancing on one leg. I used light weight and tapped my foot or lost my balance on almost every rep, but I did what I could. Even Tony struggled with this one.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 262; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


THURSDAY - MAY 16, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird (Yoga)

Slow yoga, holding poses for longer than usual. I struggled a bit with my balance on some of the moves.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 247; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


FRIDAY - MAY 17, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 10 Minute Crusher Pack

I had a hard time with the hanging ab moves. My hands hurt hanging from the pull-up bar and I can open my legs too far to do some of the moves because the door frame isn't wide enough. I still did the best I could. On the Leg section, I did OK, but nothing great. I could do better. Same with the Jump Ropes. I wasn't getting in too many reps. I was just off a little bit and wasn't concentrating as much as I should have. My mind was elsewhere.

Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 268; Avg Heart Rate:117.


SATURDAY - MAY 18, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Cardio Intervals

I helped a friend move in the morning, then she took me to the gym where she works out. I'd never been to a gym before. I did a lot of P90X moves there, a lot with the weights, and didn't feel out of place. I did try, and liked, the Lat Pull Down machine, which I've always wanted to try, and did OK with it. I was doing several sets of 12 reps of 85 lbs without too many problems. I was pulling down both behind my head and in front. I liked it. I also used a Tricep pull down with 40 or 50 lbs and did OK. It was a good experience. On the Cardio Intervals workout, which I did in the evening, I did OK. This isn't one of my favorite workouts, so I don't always go all out, but got it done, and didn't really dog it.

Time: 41 minutes: Calories Burned: 374; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


SUNDAY - MAY 19, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Iso Abs

This is probably my favorite ab workout. None of the moves are hard, and they're done slow, so you're not out of control when doing them. The only move that gives me a lot of trouble is the first one, Banana Boat, and that's usually on the second set. My form is bad and I'm usually straining my back. Otherwise, I think I did pretty well.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 252; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 172.6 (-2.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 16.5% (-0,3%)

Obviously, both are good numbers, but I think I was eating less because I had other things on my mind.. This is the lowest I've been in years and quite possibly the lowest I've been since I started this whole thing in 2008. I'll have to go back and check my numbers.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Kind of a bad week for me mentally. A good friend of mine is moving away for a while. I'm not sure for how long, but I'm really going to miss her. She got into fitness a few years ago and has taken it to another level. She's an inspiration to me. Love you, Kris!



No comments: