Monday, October 28, 2019

WEEK OF 10/20/19 - P90X3 - ROUND 7 - WEEK 13

MONDAY - OCTOBER 28, 2019 - P90X3 - Isometrix

Start of the final week of the round. This one isn't easy for me. The plank moves are basically mind over matter on most of them. Sometimes the mind wins and I don't go the full 45 seconds. The only plank move I really have a problem physically doing is the Bound Move with Leg Lift. However, I've found a way to modify it, by putting my free hand on the mat close to my ankle instead of on it. There were a few planks I came out of early. The standing moves are a different story. I seriously think my balance is getting worse through the years because my ankles are getting worse. I used to be able to balance a bit on my left leg. Now it'd almost an impossibility. But I keep trying.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 220 Avg Heart Rate: 120.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 29, 2019 - P90X3 - Accelerator

I started real late on this one, around 9:20 pm. My body is just tired. Cardio junkies, like the Insanity snobs, might look at this, see it's only 30 minutes, and laugh, but for some reason it's always tough for me. Then again, they just didn't finish two weeks of Complex Upper and Complex Lower. In this one, just when you get done with one move that leaves you worn out, you look up at the screen and see the next move, which is even worse. I could barely get up in the air on the spin stops and even sat out a few of the reps on that one. Overall, I did OK.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 257; Avg Heart Rate: 121.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 30, 2019 - P90X3 - Dynamix

My mind was drifting a bit, but I got the moves it. The intensity could have been a bit better, and my balance was bad.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 227; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 31, 2019 - P90X3 - Pilates X

I'm getting much better at this. The breathing patterns are becoming easier and almost second nature. I still have to concentrate on that a bit, but not as much. I'm even starting to hold the side plank and plank moves near the end. I even did most of Clam Killer while in Side Plank. My range of motion and speed still isn't there, but at least I'm getting better in some areas.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 180; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 1, 2019 - P90X3 - Decelerator

I took it one move at a time and did OK. I did a few more Vaulter Pull-ups than I had brfore, without coming off the bar, and used a 30 lb weight (vs a 25 lb I used last time) on the Elevator Tip Toe squats to fulfill my Kristin Rule.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 210; Avg Heart Rate: 197.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 2, 2019 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

This is the last workout of the round. I felt good going in, but I have a tendency to try and be perfect on my poses, and the fact that my balance isn't great makes that tough, and leads to a bit of frustration. I didn't get too frustrated today, but my balance was horrible. I should just accept what I can and can't do, but still try to get a bit better if I can.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 206; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER - 3, 2019 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 169.0 (-2.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.6% (-0,4%)

I'm not sure where the drops came from. I'm still not eating great.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went OK. Even though it's supposed to be a "recovery" week, there were still some toughies in there. My body is tired.


THOUGHTS FOR THE ROUND

Overall I lost 1.2 pounds and my body fat stayed the same. I didn't go into this round looking to lose a lot of weight. People are always telling me I look great, but deep down inside, I do know I should have eaten better.. My main goal this round was to get better. I was using a bit more weight on some of the moves, I was doing more pull-ups. I don't think I improved too much on many of the balance moves and routines. In fact, I think I'm getting worse, because my ankles and feet are getting worse. But it's something to work on. Overall I enjoyed the round more that I thought I would, and in the end I feel I improved my overall fitness more than I thought I would. There were many days where I was really happy with what I was able to accomplish. That's a win for me.

No comments: