Monday, September 14, 2020

WEEK OF 9/14/2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 5 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 14, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Chest, Back and Balls

This is the start of month three, and Volume Three. This one is tough. I did OK on most of the push-up moves, even getting in three "Possible" Push-ups. I also did OK on the pull-ups, but my numbers were a bit lower than last time. Sometimes the strength just wasn't there. Overall, I was pleased with what I did, and I feel real good afterwards.

Start: 7:15 pm: Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 565; Avg Heart Rate: 121.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyocide: MC2

Poor effort. I was feeling sluggish in general. My legs were feeling heavy and I had no spring in them. I was also feeling uncoordinated, as there were some moves I had to do in slow motion, like the Mary Katherine lunges. The good thing is that I muddled through it and didn't quit. My heart monitor also died.

Start: 8:00 pm; Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 520; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 16, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Shoulders and Arms: MC2

Somebody asked me at work today: "How do you have the motivation to work out every day?" My answer is always the same. "I just do it.". It's really that simple. Most days I don't feel like working out. Some days I put it off as long as possible, but I always know I'm going to get it done. I don't try and rationalize reasons not to do it. If there is any motivation, it's that I'm doing what 99% of the population won't. I also like the way it makes me feel and look. It makes me feel good when somebody tells me I look great, or that I wish I could do what you do. Today's workout was old school weights. On the Arnold Presses I used 30's. I did 8 reps on the first set, then only got in 6 on the second two sets, as my form was going bad quickly. On the Seated Bicep Curls I did 12 reps with 30's on the first set. I tried 35's on the second set, but only did 4. I went back to 30's on the third set and did another 12. I haven't been lifting a lot of heavy weight lately, so maybe that's the problem, or maybe it's just because I'm getting older. Either way, I'm playing it smart. I know when my form is going bad, so I stop. I really should finish up with more reps with a lower weight. That's a note for next time. Overall, it was a good workout. There's really no days off in Volume Three.

Start: 8:10 pm; Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 536; Avg Heart Rate: 124..


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 17, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

I normally don't like this one, but I went into it with an open frame of mind. That didn't work. This workout is too long. Many of the poses are repetitive. By the time the fourth sequence came around and I was doing my fifth set of Shoulder Stretches and reverse twists and so on, I was just getting pissed off. Any sense of zen and calmness I should have during a yoga session went out the window. I usually don't skip moves, but I found myself walking around the mat or just going to my knees for periods of time. I'll try netter next time.

Start: 7:15 pm; Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 545; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 18- 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Base and Back: MC2

I was tired when I got home and was putting this off as long as I could. I know Tony labors through this one. I never has as much problem with it, but he's doing more reps than I am, on both the plyo moves and the pull-up moves. I started the regular workout during his warm up and never stopped. I finished both sets while he was just beginning the second set. I then just layed on the floor and watched him finish up. I found my rep counts on my pull-ups were almost identical to when I last did the workout in February. I did 20 reps on the plyo moves. I probably could have done a few more if I'd really wanted to push myself, but I guess I was content not to. I think that's a mindset I'll have to work on to improve.

Start: 8:40 pm; Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 416; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 19, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Total Body X: MC2

I did OK. There are a few tough moves here, but I got through them OK.

Start: 6:05 pm: Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 276; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 20, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ARX2: MC2

I did 20 reps on each and 100 Bicycles at the end. Not as many reps on some of the moves than he did, but I think I did pretty good.

Start: 7:40 pm: Time: 45 minutes: Calories Burned: 188; Avg Heart Rate: 94.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 160.8 (-0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 13.6% (+0.3%)

Last week my weight went up and my body fat decreased. This week it was the opposite.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Tough workouts, but I got through them OK.

No comments: