Monday, March 8, 2021

WEEK OF 03/08/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2- WEEK 6

MONDAY - MARCH 8, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Plyo 30/15

I started earlier than usual, not relaxing too long after I got home from work. I'm going to try and get into the workouts as soon as I can, so I don't keep putting them off in the evening. I'd rather get them over with and not feel as sluggish as usual. Today wasn't perfect, but better than normal. I had to modify a few times. I'm having problems with Jacks, so I ran in place with my legs wide, and instead of Long Jumps, I did Tires, from the original P90X Plyometrics workout. On the other moves I did what I could.

Start Time: 6:20 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 430; Avg Heart Rate: 107. 


TUESDAY - MARCH 9, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Chest and Back Round Robin

This might be my favorite Power Nation Workout. It gives you a few options to keep things fresh. Today my circuit was: Pushups - Stands (30 reps), Med Balls (25 reps), Declines on a Bosu Ball (25 reps), Pullups - Standard Unassisted (7 reps), Weighted Back Move with 40 lb weights (8 reps), Pull Downs with a yellow band (15 reps. I had increased my Pullup number from six to seven pet set, and had no problems. The Bosu Ball pushups were really tough. I had my feet elevated on a weigh bench, and my hands on the ball. I wasn't going very deep at all, but I was feeling them. I probably could have used a bit more weight on the weighted back moves, or even increased the repsto 10 or 12, but I get real nervous lifting heavy weights while bent over.

Start Time: 7:15 pm; Workout Time: 64 minutes; Calories Burned: 504; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 10, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Kickin' and Punchin' (with Titus)

We had the option of doing this one or the version with Alice. I love Alice, and that one was a lot shorter, but was a bit rushed and out of control, so I opted for this one. I dislike the Sprawls immensely, but I decided to do seven on each set, which came out pretty good time wise, but it also gave me a countdown number while I was doing them, instead of wondering when they'd be done. I like all the other moves, and went at it pretty hard.

Start Time: 8:45 pm: Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 634; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


THURSDAY - MARCH 11, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

Overall, I did OK. There were were a few moves where I did a few less reps than last time, and also a few moves where I reduced the weight a bit, My left hand seems to be tiring faster than the right one, especially notable on the Arch Rows, Tricep Kickbacks, and Hammer Curls. The weights end up dangling in my fingers instead of being held tightly in my palms..

Start Time: 7:20 pm; Workout Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 517; Avg Heart Rate: 121.


FRIDAY - MARCH 12, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Power and Strength Yoga 

I don't want to sound too critical, but all of Tony's yoga routines seem to be almost the same thing. Too many vinyasas, too much instruction. He always says at the beginning that the routine is going to be about 45 minutes, and it ends up 65 to 70 minutes. It's too much at times. This is almost identical to "Don't Skip the Yoga". I wasn't feeling too well going into it. I felt a bit of a cold coming on. I'd been wearing these big, thick, fuzzy Christmas socks, so I kept them on during the workout. They actuall worked out very well. There was a bit of traction on the bottom of them, which seemed to help. I sat out one sequence, the repeating vinyasas into Warrior One, but did most of the rest of it. Not a great effort, but not my worst, either,

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 513; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


SATURDAY - MARCH 13, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Pure Stretch

I liked it a lot. Perfect for a Saturday.

Start Time: 7:20 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 330; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


SUNDAY - MARCH 14, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Crunch Town

The workout went OK. I was feeling it in my abs.

Start Time: 8:55 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 113; Avg Heart Rate: 93.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 157.0 (+0,2 lbs)
Body Fat: 12/7% (+0.2%)

Still eating too much junk. Mostly sweets. Not so much other junk food, which is good.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Back to more resistance workouts this week, and I hung in there. I'm starting to wear down a bit. Still sore here and there, but overall things are going OK. 

No comments: