Tuesday, October 3, 2023

WEEK OF 10/02/2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Days 1-7

MONDAY - OCTOBER 2, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - The Big Sweat

This is a brand new Tony Horton program that he released without too much fanfare. I don't know too much about it. One of the things I did see was it was supposed to mesh with the female body cycle better than most other programs. There is also a men's calendar, so I'll be following that one. Again, other than seeing some titles of the workouts, I'm not sure what to expect. I only took a two week break, but was expecting this to be a bit easier than what I've been doing lately, so I thought I'd give it a go.

The first workout is a quick cardio workout. The pace and all white soundstage kind of reminded me a bit of the P90 program Tony did about 10 years ago, which was more of a starter program. There were a few moves that were new, and I did work up a bit of a sweat, but it definitely wasn't extreme. That's not necessarily a bad thing. If you do things right and have a good attitude, you can get a lot out of it.

Start Time: 7:20 pm; Workout Time: 36 minutes; Calories and Heart Rate unknown. Monitor wasn't charged.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 3, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Strength One

Again, nothing extreme. Very slow paced. He does a lot of talking between moves, but I still worked up a sweat. I did band pulldowns instead of pullups. I do get results with those.

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 240; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 4, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Base Power

Plyo without a lot of high jumping. Nothing really new. I was thinking this might be similar to P90, which was a toned down version of P90X, but this is pretty much a toned down version of Power of 4. Most of these moves were in Power of 4. One good thing happened. My Roku had been blinking a lot. Evety 10 seconds or so, it was black out for a second. It finally went out about a quarter of the way through this workout. I re-plugged everything back in and fixed the problem.

Start Time: 8:50 pm; Workout Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 279; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 5, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Strength Two

I wasn't sure why this one was so soon after Strength One, but they are different body parts, so I guess it was OK. I usually try to restructure the schedules so I'm doing yoga on Thursday's, but I'm going to trust the schedule. This one was shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Instead of counting reps, you do the exercise for 30 seconds. Surprisingly, this usually means more reps than usual. I wasn't feeling great to begin with, and I'm a bit sore from the first three days, so in general I used 5 lbs less in weights than I normally would. It still tired me out a bit. 

Start Time: 7:35 pm; Workout Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 317; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 6, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Go With The Flow

Yoga. Pretty close to one of the Power Of 4 routines. The main sequence was the Warrior One "singles, doubles, triples." Everything else was pretty standard Tony yoga moves, just in a slightly different order. I got through it OK, and it went pretty quick.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 273; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 7, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Long and Strong

A stretch / recovery routine. It felt like yesterday's workout without the vinyasas. The sequence seemed almost identical. The scheduling just seems odd. I do like stretch workouts, though.
  
Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 130; Avg Heart Rate: 91.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 8, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Mindful Breath

Not what I was expecting. This was new stuff. I wasn't really getting the point as we were going through it. As I was writing down my numbers afterwards I realized I was feeling a bit better than when I started and definitely less stressed. I guess I'm a bit excited about using this again.
  
Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 64; Avg Heart Rate: 82.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 153.0 (-0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.0% (-0.3%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I wasn't sure what to expect, but it did turn out to be a light version of Power Of 4. Nothing was really new until Sunday. I played it a bit cautious in spots, so I may be able up increase things next time.

No comments: