Monday, February 12, 2024

WEEK OF 02/12/2024 - POWERSYNC60/MOTOWN EXPRESS - WEEK 3

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 12, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Power City

Instead of the two Mobata rounds, I backed up the DVD and did two more rounds of pushups and pullups, then skipped ahead to the cooldown. I replaced the Superman Pushups with Standard pushups, and added sets of Med Ball Pushups, Staggered Hand Pushups, Close Grip Band Pulldowns and Standard Pullups with the Pullup Assist. It worked very well. My upper arms are burning.  

Start Time: 7:00 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 291; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 13, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Mobata

I got the Frog Squat Burpees out of the way in the first set. The rest was relatively easy. I can't go full blast because of my balance and feet issues, but did OK.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 244; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 14, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Uptown

As I did on Monday, I skipped the Mobata section. Instead I repeated the nine arm moves. I used 15 lb weights on all moves but the dips, which I did off Power Stands. My arms were burning especially on the Platters and Bicep Pumper Curls, even more on the second go around. Overall, I think it went well.

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 225; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 15, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Moga

I like this one. Relaxing, but not as good as some before.

Start Time: 7:20 pm; Workout Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 127; Avg Heart Rate: 88.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 16, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Downtown

I used the chair again on many of the moves. Had to modify a few of them. Still don't know what to replace the Ski Twists with. Today I did Soccer Drills instead, but wasn't real happy with it. As with yesterday, I did OK, but have done better a few times in the past,

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 240; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 17, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Midtown

This went OK. I'm bringing my legs or knees in, instead of reaching up off my back. That was too stressful on my lower back. This still seems effective. The Mobata section went OK. The one issue I have with today's Mobata that is that 10 seconds isn't really a lot of time to get set from one exercise to the other. 

Start Time: 9:05 pm; Workout Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 248; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 18, 2024 - MOTOWN EXPRESS - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 162.8 (-1,0 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.1% (+0.2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went pretty well. The formats for the Motown workouts are a bit strange, but I modified a few of them to make them work for me. I'm still not feeling the motivation though.

No comments: