Monday, July 8, 2013

HYBRID - WEEK 12 - INSANITY (Month 2) - Week of 7/8/2013

My entire Hybrid Schedule

My Story


MONDAY - JULY 8, 2013 - INSANITY - Fast and Furious

Starting a tough week with a "teaser" workout. It's only 22 minutes long, but you are working almost the entire time. I was tiring a bit during the warm-up, but once the meat of the workout started I was doing much better, and I finished strong.

Time: 22 minutes; Calories Burned: 186; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 145.


TUESDAY - JULY 9, 2013 - INSANITY - Max Interval Circuit

I knew this was one of the tougher Month 2 workouts, along with tomorrow's Max Interval Plyo. I also believe it's the longest. When I got home from work, I didn't give myself a lot of time before I got into it because I wanted to get it over with. It went very well. I kept up with most of the cast most of the time. Yes, I got winded a few times and had to stop for a few seconds, but I got right back into it. I'm very happy with how I did.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 693; Avg Heart Rate: 134; Max Heart Rate: 158.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 10, 2013 - INSANITY - Max Interval Plyo

Another tough one, and probably the last beast of the Hybrid. I did as well as I did yesterday. Winded, and having to stop a few times, but that's normal. I'm still concentrating on really eating well this week.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 604; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 160.


THURSDAY - JULY 11, 2013 - INSANITY - Max Recovery

Hey, Shaun T! I don't want to be doing no pushups during my recovery day. I remembered this workout wasn't all stretching and relaxing, but I was really getting annoyed with it part way through. I know it's good for me, but I just wasn't in the mood to be holding uncomfortable poses forever, or repeating others over and over and over again. There was one point when we were doing what seemed to be endless sets of pushups that I purposely skipped a set just out of spite. I'm done ranting. I'll get over myself.. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 359; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 194.


FRIDAY - JULY 12, 2013 - INSANITY - Max Cardio Conditioning

While this workout overall is not as tough as Max Interval Circuit or Max Interval Plyo, there is a 6  minute sequence midway through this routine that is a lot tougher than any 6 minutes of either of those workouts. I'm drenched in sweat as I type this about 15 minutes after finishing.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 505; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 149.


SATURDAY - JULY 13, 2013 - INSANITY - Max Interval Sports Training

Today was the last main workout of the Hybrid. Tomorrow is an ab workout and next week is Yoga, Stretch, and Recovery all week. This routine is tough in areas, but it's also a lot more fun than most of the other Insanity workouts. For some reason (golf yesterday?) my legs felt heavy and a bit sore, so I had to stop briefly a few times, and move slower than those on the video at other times, but overall I did well. When comparing my numbers today to the four times I did this workout last year, I noticed my calorie burn and heart rate numbers were significantly lower this time. I'm not sure why, but maybe I wasn't continuously pushing it as much as back then. Either way, I worked up a good sweat again.

Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 453; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 140.


SUNDAY - JULY 14, 2013 - INSANITY - Insane Abs and WEIGH-IN

INSANE ABS
I did OK. While doing the exercises sitting in the "C-sit" position I found my quads were burning more than my abs, so I had a come out quite a few times. Otherwise, things went well.

Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 286; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 140.

WEIGH-IN
Old Scale - Weight: 176.3; Body Fat: 22.4% - A drop of 1.1 lbs and .3% body fat
New Scale - Weight: 188.2; Body Fat: 19.8% - A drop of .8 lbs and no change in body fat

I ate pretty good all week, but had a real bad Friday evening. Feeling better most of the week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I think I mentioned this when I last did Insanity in Week 4:  I enjoyed the week, and I feel good, but I'm glad I don't have do it again next week.  I got through the two toughest workouts on Tuesday and Wednesday with no problems, and they were the only ones I was concerned about.

All the tough resistance and cardio workouts are done for this Hybrid. Next week is some much needed Yoga, Stretch, and Recovery workouts.


No comments: