Monday, July 15, 2013

HYBRID - WEEK 13 - YOGA / STRETCH / RECOVERY - Week of 7/15/2013

My entire Hybrid Schedule

My Story


MONDAY - JULY 15, 2013 - P90X2 - X2 Yoga

Beginning of the final week of the Hybrid, and it's all about letting my body recover. Today's workout was a good start. It felt good all day, knowing I wasn't going to have to beat my body up for a while. The workout went well. I was relaxed throughout. I wasn't perfect, but as Tony says at the beginning of the workout, "It's not about being perfect".

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 436; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 132.


TUESDAY - JULY 16, 2013 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain of Youth

In general, I'd say this this my favorite of the Yoga routines I have. I've never done Yoga on back to back days, so I curious to see how I'd feel. It felt great.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 257; Avg Heart Rate: 96; Max Heart Rate: 221.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 17, 2013 - P90X2 - Recovery and Mobility

Another relaxing workout. I'm still not "getting" the foam rolling, but I feel good.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 215; Avg Heart Rate: 86; Max Heart Rate: 110.


THURSDAY - JULY 18, 2013 - P90X - X Stretch

You would think with all the Yoga and recovery I've been doing this week that I'd be really flexible, but I wasn't. I couldn't get deep into either the Camel or Hero poses. Otherwise, I was OK. Bad day eating at work. One of our vendors brought in a bunch of cookies for us. I've been eating pretty good lately and staying away from that stuff, but I caved today and indulged. It's not the end of the world, but I need to have a little bit more willpower.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 247; Avg Heart Rate: 90; Max Heart Rate: 112.


FRIDAY - JULY 19, 2013 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird

I may have changed my mind. This may now be my favorite Yoga workout. I'd forgotten how simple this one is. Just the basic poses. A relatively short workout, and very relaxing. Loved it.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 236; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 129.


SATURDAY - JULY 20, 2013 - P90X - Yoga X

And that's a wrap!! Final workout of the Hybrid. It went OK. Again, I got a bit shaky during the last few sets of vinyasas. I'm not sure why that's been the case the last few times I did this workout, but it has. My balance poses were almost perfect on my right leg, and less than perfect on my left leg. Crane was so-so. Nice calorie burn to finish things up.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 702; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SUNDAY - JULY 21, 2013 - Weigh In

Old Scale - Weight: 177.8; Body Fat: 22.9%. An increase of 1.5 lbs and .5% body fat.
New Scale - Weight: 190.2; Body Fat: 20.0%. An incease of 2 lbs and .2% body fat.

Obviously an increase on both scales. I tried to eat pretty good for the week, but I think the cookies got to me. I ate a lot of them. Also, I wasn't burning a lot of calories on workouts this week. A disappointing way to finish, but it's my fault.

Overall Weight Loss during the Hybrid: 1.1 lbs
Overall Body Fat Loss during the Hybrid: 0.1%


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I originally scheduled this week as a recovery week at the end because I felt my body would have been really beat up after the previous 12 weeks, with no recovery built in. As I entered this week I wondered if all that Yoga and stretching back-to-back was going to be overkill. It turns out it wasn't. My original thoughts were right on. It was a great week, much needed, and something I'd consider doing again when I feel my body needs it.



No comments: