Monday, July 29, 2013

LES MILLS PUMP - WEEK 2 - Week of 7/29/13

MONDAY - JULY 29, 2013 - Pump Challenge

Today I used 25 lb weights on each side for all the exercises except for the shoulders, where I used 10s. I didn't have any problems with the weight, and it almost seemed easier than using the 10s I used last week. The heavier weight seemed to ground me more. I'll see how sore I am tomorrow.

Time: 26 minutes; Calories Burned: 241; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 218.


TUESDAY - JULY 30, 2013 - Step

I worked up a good sweat, but I'm still not a big fan of this routine. There's a lot of jumping up and down off of the bench, which is tough for me because of my bad knees and bad balance. I did realize partway through that I still had my bench set to the third level, and they'd gone down to one level, so I guess I was making it harder on myself. I'll try moving down to level one next time.

Time: 32 minutes; Calories Burned: 289; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 146.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 31, 2013 - Pump and Burn

I used 25s on each side again on everything. I thought I was in trouble during the warmup because I could feel it, but I did OK. I had to rest of few times during the chest exercises. Again, we'll see if I'm sore in the next few days. I didn't really have too much soreness after Monday's Pump Challenge. I thought it would have been much worse.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 282; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 210.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 1, 2013 - Flow

It's August 1st and I'm going to commit to make this a good month nutritionally. The workout went well, I'm still not used to the sequences, and had to keep looking up at the TV to see what they were doing, but I'll get there. I realized I still have a ways to go with my flexibility while doing the floor exercises.

Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 107; Avg Heart Rate: 94; Max Heart Rate: 111.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 2, 2013 - Off Day

I had an all day golf excursion. By the time I got home I was whipped. I felt if I'd done the workout my form would have been bad and I could have done more harm that good, so I chose to push off the workout until Saturday.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 3, 2013 - 1) Pump and Shred and 2) Sports Attack

Pump and Shred
This is the workout I was supposed to have done yesterday. I did this one in the morning. I'm continuing my trend of using 25 lbs on each side of the barbell for all the moves. I had to stop several times during the chest moves and also briefly during some of the lunges. Otherwise I was OK. I'm dripping in sweat at the end and I can feel my arms quivering a bit. As I was playing golf yesterday, I could feel the muscles in my shoulders, quads, and calves were a lot stronger, so I think something is working.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 386; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 220.

Sports Attack
I did this one in the late afternoon. I remembered I wasn't impressed with this thing last week, but I couldn't remember why. After doing it, the reasons came back to me. Aside from about 30 seconds worth of actual "sports" moves (and that's stretching the definition of "sports"), this thing is nothing more than a cheesy aerobics class. I did work up a sweat, and did get winded a bit, but I hated it. If one of my friends had walked in while I was doing this, I'd have been embarrassed. That's a rough thing to say, but it's how I feel.

Time: 30 minutes: Calories Burned: 229; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 135.


SUNDAY - AUGUST 4, 2013 - Les Mills Core and Weigh-In

Les Mills Core
Loved it. Only about 12 minutes long, but I felt each move. Very effective.

Time: 13 minutes; Calories Burned: 62; Avg Heart Rate: 92; Max Heart Rate:110.

Weigh-In
Weight: 193.2; Body Fat:20.8%
An increase of 2.2 lbs and .5% body fat. Wrong direction. I need to make the commitment to stop it.




No comments: