Tuesday, December 10, 2019

WEEK OF 121/09/19 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 4 - WEEK 3

MONDAY - DECEMBER 9, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 30-15

My numbers were 30 pushups and 6 pullups. No problems with the pushups. I wssn't feeling real strong on the pullups, but the main problem I was having was that the grips were spinning in my hands. I had the same problem two weeks ago, but forgot to fix the bar. I put some duct tape on the grips afterwards to see if that helps down the road. I finished eight moves ahead of Tony and used some of that time to get in another set of 60 pushups.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 444; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 10, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyo Legs

This was the first One On One video i the series and I think it's probably the toughest. It's just relentless. There are very few moves that don't suck the wind right out of you. It really comes to a head on the second last move, which is just reaching to the floor and jumping off of one leg, but by the time you get there you can hardly get off the floor. My balance was better than normal today, which meant it was still very bad, but I did have some encouraging moments. I kept up with him on most of the reps, doing a few more than last time on a few of the moves, most notably the Long Side Jumps  After doing this two weeks ago, my legs were sore for about five days. I'm thinking, and hoping,  I won't feel it for that long this time around.

Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 563; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 11, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Just Arms

Sometimes I'm hard on myself here, saying I could have done this or that better. That's true of almost any routine, but when you're in the middle of it, you pretty much know how you're feeling and how much you can handle. Today was one of those days. Last week I started with 30's on the Bicep Curls, but it was first time lifting heavier weights in a while. Today I did 40's. Less reps (8 vs 12), but it was a step up. I used 25's on a lot of moves today. Could I have used 30's? Maybe, but I;m thinking my form might have suffered. I think the key is to maybe increase things on one or two moves at a time. The "Kristin Rule" as I call it, I upped things on a few moves today, even staying with 20's on the last set of Crazy 8's.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 501; Avg Heart Rate: 128.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 12, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain of Youth Yoga

My friend Kristin inspired me on this one a bit. She works out pretty much everyday and posts clips on her Facebook page. I need to keep up with her. I suggested yoga to her a few years ago and she gave me credit for her learning to appreciate it. Today I did a bit better than usual, at least I felt I did. I certainly wasn't close to perfect physically, but I was more relaxed. Thanks, Kris!

 Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 379; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 13. 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Road Warrior

I never really took this one seriously because most of it was dome with bands. I spent more time trying to figure out where to put my feet on the bands than I did doing the actually exercises. By the time I got my foot situated I had to rush through the move. I always used the maroon band. Today, I pulled out all my bands and laid them on the floor. I used the yellow band on the bicep moves and also a few others that didn't require me to lift it above my upper chest. On the ones I had to go above that area I used the maroon band. I was still fidgeting with foot position here and there, but not as much as before. I feel like I got a pretty good workout.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 460; Avg Heart Rate: 119.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 14, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Super Cardio 5-6

Low energy today. I didn't get started until after 9 pm. Not much to say. My legs felt heavy. I didn't go at it full blast.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 319; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 15, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Killer Abs

I did OK. Got through 40 Mason Twists without stopping, which was better than last week. Then I did 10 more.

Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 109; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 169.0 (-0,6 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.4% (+0.1%)

Still eating like crap.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm eating really bad, and I'm drinking way too much pop. It's making me sluggish and affecting my brain. I'm feeling more stressed and a bit depressed. I have to beat the cycle.

No comments: