Monday, August 17, 2020

WEEK OF 8/17/2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 5 - WEEK 5

MONDAY - AUGUST 17, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Core Ball Sandwich

Already into the second month and the Volume 2 workouts. I think these are my favorites. Tony seems to be in a really good mood for most of them. I'm really sore, especially my shoulders and traps,  and was a little timid going into this one.My reps were a bit lower than the last time I did this in January. However, I did work at it. I feel good afterwards.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 261 (Heart Rate Monitor problems again); Avg Heart Rate: 108.



TUESDAY - AUGUST 18, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Butt and Belly

This is a fun workout for me, and I did well today. The 8 Card Pickups are becoming easier for me and I did OK on the Frog Squats too, The Belly moves went well.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 240: Avg Heart Rate: 112.


WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 19, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - On One Leg

This is usually a throw a way workout for me because I can't balance on one leg. I get frustrated and go though the motions. Today I did my best. On a lot of the moves. I used a medicine ball below my lifted leg so I could tap it between reps. On others I just tapped the floor. I tapped on almost every single rep. However, when I was actually lifting the weight I tried lifting the leg off the floor, thus tightening my core briefly. I used 15 lb weights throughout and did 15 reps throughout (except on the 21;s).

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 318; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 20, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird

I was having a problem holding many of the poses as long as he did, especially the Warrior 2 pose. It looks so simple, but for some reason I always struggle with it in this workout. Otherwise, I enjoy this workout because it's done at a relaxing pace and there aren't any crazy poses.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 294; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 21, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 10 Minute Crusher Pack

I surprised myself a bit on the hanging abs by holding myself up long enough to do 12 reps on almost all of the moves. I was pretty bad on the jump ropes, partly because I was a bit timid with them.

Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 256; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 22, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Cardio Intervals

I like this one. There are only a few moves I really don't like. The problem with the cardio workouts, I'm finding, is that I'm having a hard time going full blast. My balance is horrible, which affects my feet movement, so I often can't go as fast as he does. Still, for the length of this workout, I burned a lot of calories.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 338; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


SUNDAY - AUGUST 23, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Iso Abs

This is probably my favorite ab workout even though it's one of the longest. I like the pace and the moves. I did well. I think my only burp was on a few of the Banana Boats during the second set.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 216; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 158.0 (-2.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 13.2% (-0.3 %)

Normally I'd be happy, but I'm just not eating enough.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I like the Volume Two workouts. They might seem less than P90X-esque to some, but they get results. I'm sore almost all the time.

No comments: