Tuesday, August 25, 2020

WEEK OF 8/24/2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 5 - WEEK 6

MONDAY - AUGUST 24, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Upper Body Balance

I wasn't really in the mood to push myself. I did the exercises, but my form was probably bad, and I know I wasn't going to deep on the push-ups. Most of my rep counts were lower than when I last did this in December.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 434; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


TUESDAY - AUGUST 25, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - On One Leg For Legs

Knowing I really can't balance on one leg, I went into it with no real expectations. Nothing magical happened. I still can't balance on one leg. I just wanted to keep a somewhat decent attitude and get it over with. He did a very long warm-up and a very long cool down, both which I pretty much sat around and watched.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 399; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 26, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Back and Belly

Although pull-ups aren't my strength I do like this workout. It's short and to the point. I wasn't sure how I'd fare with the pull-ups because I hadn't done them in a while, but I did pretty good. Wide pull-ups are toughest for me and I started with eight (6, came off the bar, then did 2 more). I matched or beat all my numbers from last time. I had no problems with the ab moves. The only one where I did less than last time were on the V-up Roll-ups, where I did 32 today and 38 last time. I don't like them, so I stopped at 32, just because. The big victory, though, was on the final move, the Seven Point Pull-ups. I got the initial seven in. The next seven started with the wide pull-ups. I can never get started again, so I made a lame effort, gave up, and put my pull-up bar away in shame. I didn't want to end the workout like that, so I put the pull-up bar back up, got through the wide grip one, then finished the other six with no problem. I tried go go again, but had nothing left. I knew I was done. 

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 75; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 27, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird

Not my best effort. I just wasn't totally there physically, losing my balance, etc.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 210; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 28, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE  100/30/20

Today is my 63rd birthday. I had to get this one done between work and a fantasy football draft I had to monitor. I was pretty bad on the Jump Ropes. My numbers were way down on the last few timesI did this routine. At the end, when he's trying to do 100 straight, I try to see how few misses I can have to get to 100 jumps. It's usually around 20, most of them being near the end. Today I quit at 29 jumps and 9 misses. It just wasn't happening. My knee is sore, so I may have been babying it. I was good on the crunches and push-ups. On the max push-up move, I did 70, which I thought was good.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 301; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 29, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Cardio Confusion: Mason's Choice

This is one of my favorite workouts and one I always look forward to. I struggled a bit today. My feet were sliding a bit on the carpet so I wasn't going all out. I still enjoyed it, though.

Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 322; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


SUNDAY - AUGUST 30, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Iso Abs

Very smooth except for a few of the Banana Boats.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 152; Avg Heart Rate: 94.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 160.0 (+2.0 lbs)
Body Fat" 13.5% (+0.3%)

A bounce back up from last week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm sore and my mind is elsewhere. I'm fighting the workouts.

No comments: